|Big Boss Blanco Diablo, cc by-nc-sa image from John Cmar on Flickr|
- Name: Blanco Diablo Wit Ale
- Brewery: Big Boss Brewing Company
- Alcohol: 4.5%
- Serving: draft pint
- Appearance: 5 - A deep, hazy golden-amber body, with a thin white head that fades quickly with no lace.
- Nose: 2 - Barely present - predominately wheat and bready malt notes, with a hint of spice.
- Taste: 7 - A bitter hit upfront, seeming to be a mix of spice, low-level hops, and a sourness it was hard to pinpoint. The wheat flavor comes out strongly in the middle and persists with the spice through the end, with some neutral fruity flavors, reminiscent of apple or pear.
- Mouthfeel: 7 - Smooth, with moderate body and low carbination.
- Holistic: 6 - A good and quite drinkable witbier, but a bit more bitter upfront than I was expecting from the style.